This week has felt like a very violent rollercoaster. Most of my
downs have unfortunately happened at work and most of my ups are at home and may or may not
include alcoholic beverages. I've also had some very small moments of
intense depression which scare me a bit because that's a new development. I'm
wondering if it's from my new meds and I'll definitely be keeping an eye
on that to see if it increases.
One of the best things that has happened this week was finding out
that I have a friend (in real life!) that's going through the struggle
of infertility. I'm not happy at all that she is suffering but I'm
thrilled that we finally found out about each other so that we can offer
support. She's felt really lonely through this process with no one to
talk about it with and has been trying for 5 years. I'm just upset that
we didn't learn about this from each other earlier but that's the thing
with infertility, not everyone wants to talk about it. They feel
ashamed or embarrassed or are just incredibly private people so it's hard to know who is suffering inside.
I used to be that way, too. But now, I don't care who knows about
my infertility. I'm not ashamed of it at all and speaking up about it was such a good idea. I have a killer support system that I'm
grateful for. I'm also not shy about it on Facebook. I've 'liked' a
bunch of pages that deal with infertility so I know that my friends out
there can see that something is going on. I didn't just do it for
myself, though. I did it in the hopes that if any of my friends are
silently struggling, then maybe they will eventually have the courage to
talk to me about it. Although, I hope and pray that none of them have
to go through this.
I'm very excited for August to come now because I will be able to see my
friend face to face. It will be at a party with lots of people so I
hope that we can find some time to talk about what's been going on
because e-mails sometimes just don't cut it. I just want to give her a
big ol' hug and let her know that she is not alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment