Ok, so it's not a baby, not even close but I can dream. These, my friends, are polyps. Those pesky jerks decided to grow back and I found that out today during a routine fertility appointment.
I knew that this morning's procedure would be able to tell us if all was well inside my uterus. So, I should have prepared myself that the result I got today was a possibility. Instead, I let myself be blindsided. The polyps have returned and I need to have surgery again to remove them. The nurse (noticing my change in mood after hearing the news) comforted me, touched my leg and said "this is just a small bump in the road". All these bumps are starting to add up, though.
I sit here at my desk, wishing that I had asked to work from home today instead of being in the office. The cramps from the injected saline are bad enough but add to that the thoughts of a looming surgery and I honestly don't know how I'm going to get anything done today. Luckily, the tears stopped before I got to work so hopefully that will hold out for the rest of the day. I don't need one more thing to worry about. No one likes to see a coworker crying, things get awkward real quick :)
I'm trying to follow David's lead and hold my head up high. This is good, this will fix things. My RE said that our chances for pregnancy are higher if we do this. So, positive, positive, positive. This WILL get us closer to baby.
Be on the lookout soon for another loopy photo of me post-anesthesia! On second thought, maybe not.

Hugs to you.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Jaime :)
ReplyDelete