Monday, January 30, 2012

I love my slow cooker!

It finally happened.  Beef stew was made this weekend! Yay for sticking to goals, even though it was a week overdue!

pretty, shiny slow cooker
Saturday morning I headed to the grocery store bright and early to get everything I needed.  While David was out cycling (gotta love unseasonably warm weather) I slaved away in the kitchen to prepare all the ingredients.
all ready to slowly cook for 8 hours!


As the hours went on, the house started to smell amazing! I have to admit though, after about 5 hours I started to think "what if this tastes like crap?  What a waste this would be."  But that's me, ever doubtful of my own abilities.

I tweaked the recipe I found and added dumplings to it.  David always had dumplings when his mom would make beef stew so I decided to try it.  Yum!

It's very difficult to take a picture of beef stew without it looking like a pile of mush!
So, I deem this a success. It was very tasty. The flavor was a little bold for me so I may adjust the seasonings next time but overall we really liked it. Now we are fighting over the next meal that gets made. I have a feeling it will be the lasagna. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment