Thank you for putting up with the mood swings.
Thank you for attending so many appointments with me.
Thank you for being by my side through scary procedures.
Thank you for taking silly pictures of me after procedures to make me laugh.
Thank you for letting me cry on your shoulder.
Thank you for always asking if there's something you can do for me.
Thank you for getting up in the middle of the night to get me a heating pad.
Thank you for texting me funny emoticons randomly throughout the day.
Thank you for trying to understand what I'm going through.
Thank you for letting me know when you are sad.
Thank you for saying 'when' and not 'if'.
Thank you for the encouragement.
Thank you for picking me up when I feel like I've fallen so far.
Thank you for your positivity.
Thank you for the hugs.
Infertility can wreak havoc on relationships. I've read way too many stories of couples breaking up or nearly breaking up because of the stress infertility puts on their marriage. I feel blessed that the opposite is happening with David and I. Of course we have our moments, who doesn't? Our foundation is solid, though. We understand each other on a different level now and I'm not sure that would be the case if we didn't have to go down this road. I'm not saying that I'm glad we are going through this, hell no, but I'm thrilled that there are some great positives coming out of this shitty situation.
We're getting through this bump, ok mountain, in the road together. Sometimes side by side and sometimes he is pushing me when I need some extra strength. Even though our path isn't the most desirable, we are learning to see the beauty in it...together.
I love you David. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

No comments:
Post a Comment