Wednesday, March 16, 2011

a little of this, a little of that

I feel like there are a thousand things to write about lately but I just haven't had the time or energy.

Quick update:

I had my surgery on Friday and everything went well.  I was a nervous wreck before hand but thankfully David was allowed back with me for all the prep stuff.  I had 2 wonderful nurses taking care of me as well.  Seriously, these women were awesome.  It was a complete 180 from the last time I was at that surgery center.  The time before it felt like the nurses were just there because they had to be.  This time it felt like they actually cared.  So, thank you Jane and Sabrina for putting up with this loopy patient!

this is what waking up from anesthesia looks like.  Pretty isn't it? 
Anyway, my RE got all the polyps out so mission accomplished.  Now I'm just waiting for my body to return to normal.  It's taking a while and I'm extremely frustrated, annoyed, angry with it all.  I'm going through one of those phases where there just isn't a word in the English language to describe how I'm feeling inside.  But I'm trying to breathe and just remember that this too shall pass.

In other news, I seem to be doing quite well with eating better and exercising.  I have no idea how much weight I've lost these past 3 weeks (because David hid the scale from me) but I am starting to see changes and that feels awesome.  I'm also beginning to like the time I spend on the elliptical machine.  Crazy I know! Now, if I could just get rid of the cake and all these cupcakes in this house!  Birthdays can be dangerous :)

1 comment:

  1. SO glad it went well. One thing off the list is one step closer!! :) Just try to stay positive - even though I know its so hard sometimes.

    And I am totally feeling the need for a trip to Pinkberry soon --- wanna join me!? :)

    ReplyDelete