- more bloodwork. more extensive thyroid bloodwork to be exact. Just to be sure that the thyroid isn't a factor. My TSH level is 2.8 and they aren't worried about it but they just want to be sure. I can get on board with that.
- order birth control pills. Yay, I'm finally that person who needs to go on birth control pills to get pregnant. That's some messed up sh*t.
- wait...wait some more...
- start taking the Pill
- have a sonohysterogram to find out if that shadow really is in fact a polyp (how many tests do I have to take to find out what the hell is in there?!)
- if I do have a polyp then I'll have to go through a hysteroscopy to remove it
- if I don't have a polyp (slim chance according to me) then we can proceed straight to IUI (yay!)
| The best part of these appointments? Seeing my RE's amazing artistic skills :) |
That's the major stuff. The rest is trying to remember a lot of little details and the most important thing on my mind right now is trying to figure out how to tell my boss.
The time has come for me to tell my job what's going on. Everything moving forward is going to be on a strict schedule and sometimes I won't have a lot of notice before possibly needing to leave work. So, instead of having them wonder why I'm gone so much and if I'm really just playing hooky from work I need to tell them. But how?
I've been so on edge since our appt. yesterday and I couldn't pinpoint the real reason I was feeling so overwhelmed. It hit me this morning that it is only telling my boss that has me so worked up. How screwed up is that? I'm fine with all the invasive stuff but I can't handle talking to someone?! My boss is a mother and she should absolutely understand this whole thing. We have a really good relationship too. But I have a history of overreacting with stuff like this so I guess it's not surprising that I'm getting so worked up.
So, we'll see. Just trying to take this one day at a time so my head doesn't explode.
I dont know about you but I always feel better with a plan. May not be an easy plan or really one I want, but a plan to attack and get done in order to get to the end result. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd the end result is worth all of this.
Take a deep breath and just tell the boss-lady. Her support will mean so much as you start this path.
And you know you already have the rest of us in your corner. :)
I'm just excited for you to be moving forward, as scary as I know it must be.
ReplyDeletebtw love the title, Time to call the ghostbusters ;)-
xoxo
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletethanks ladies!
ReplyDeleteJaime, you are absolutely right about feeling better when there is a plan. I do feel better, now that the dust has settled.
And Allie, I should have credited you with that title. It seriously made me laugh outloud when you said that :)