This day is such a roller coaster. I'm done with it. Put a fork in me.
David worked from home today so he took Brooklyn to the vet. She sounded like she was hacking up a lung last night and this morning and the diagnosis came just like I suspected it would. Our little miss has kennel cough. I'm actually quite shocked because the last time she was around other dogs was 2 weeks ago. Apparently the symptoms come out at like a week. So it's a little odd. Oh and she also has a raging yeast infection in her ear. I feel like the worst dog parent ever. Her ears are so hard to keep clean and we really tried. I feel so bad that our little girl was suffering like that.
You wouldn't be able to tell though. She's as happy go lucky as ever. She puts on a brave face I guess.
Then, this afternoon I realized that I screwed up big time at work. I had a mini panic attack while trying to resolve things and as it turns out it's not as bad as I'm making it out to be. Like David said, I'm my harshest critic. I only think one person hates me now at work when before I thought dozens did. So that's good at least.
Now onto the good news. Good is an understatement. David called me up and said "so you think you are having a bad day?" My heart dropped. I really thought he was going to tell me more bad news. But nope, the greatest words came out of his mouth.
"They recovered all the photos".
This is what I'm talking about. David's father took our card to what I am now thinking of as a magical place because they were able to recover 2000 images off of it. I have no idea what most of that is because I'm pretty sure the Ireland trip had only 500 images but I don't care. We have a TON of stuff to go through and I couldn't be happier. I cried when David told me. I had completely written those photos off.
So, I'm anxiously looking forward to going through all of those images for the first time. And I'll be sure to post some.
I'm actually tempted to thank David's grandmother for this little blessing. Maybe she had something to do with this :)
Wait, the means the ones you thought you LOST lost?? Goody Goody!! WAHOO!
ReplyDeleteAS for work, totally understand the whole "toughest critic" thing. Sometimes I ogle at other people's confidence. Chin up girl :)
I'm sure that one person doesn't hate you but if they do, It's their own problem! We all make mistakes, we're only human after all! I know that's easier said than done. At least you can work from home for while and hide out!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS re: the pictures - I know that both of you figured they were gone.
ReplyDeleteI had a similar goof a couple months ago - I was just mortified, embarassed, all those awful feelings. Turns out I made a bigger deal out of it than anyone else had. Which is cool. And I'm totally sure the case for you gaff too :P