This weekend I headed up to the Philly area to visit my dad and stepmom. I'm always nervous before I go up there because I'm never sure how things will turn out. Sometimes it's awkward because of issues my stepmother and I have had in the past but honestly, this weekend was really good.
There were numerous deep conversations one on one with my dad and my stepmom and while that probably sounds like a drag, you have no idea what it means to me. Things were talked about that haven't really been discussed out in the open and I really think it's going to help all of our relationships. I left there today with a smile on my face. Like something was accomplished and things can only get better from here on out. Yes that may be a little too optimistic but I don't care. When my stepmom hugged me before I left she said "I am REALLY glad you came up to visit." And it was heartfelt. I feel like finally, things are moving in the right direction.
Just some pics from the weekend:



No comments:
Post a Comment