Monday, June 02, 2008

slow motion please

I feel like I've been running around like a chicken with it's head cut off today. I had to run into DC to get my passport super duper expedited before our flight to England on Friday morning.

This was my checklist of things I needed to bring:
  • passport forms
  • expired passport
  • new passport photos
  • marriage license
  • trip itinerary (as proof I'm leaving so soon)
  • map so I didn't get lost!
And I checked to make sure I had all of that about 10 times before leaving this morning. I spent over an hour in a half in hell, also known as the passport agency, but I finally got through and found out that I can come pick my passport up on Wednesday. So it was worth the hassle.

Although I still can't breathe a sigh of relief just yet. I still have a ton of things on my to do list for this week, including:
  • drop David's dry cleaning off
  • pick up Yoda's refill of medication
  • cancel camping reservations
  • pick up my passport on Wednesday
  • drop the pups off to be boarded
  • fill neighbors in on how to feed the bird
  • work ahead at my job so that I don't have to leave too much work for my team while I'm gone
  • laundry
  • clean the house
  • pack
Ughh, and I know there are a ton of little things to do aside from all of that. But I shouldn't really complain. David's got it 100x rougher than I do because of the circumstances. Plus he comes in from CA on Thursday at 9pm and then we have to be back at the airport at 7am the next morning.

The only thing I can hope for is that I exhaust myself so much this week that I can get some sleep on the plane on Friday!

Ok, this post is super long and boring, so how about another picture of my godson! He's so adorable and I can't wait to meet him.

1 comment:

  1. He is soooo adroable. Look at that cute little nose and I LOVE baby fingers. Awwww....I feel baby-itis coming back.

    ReplyDelete