I was really dreading this past weekend. It was my sister-in-law's baby shower. It's not that I didn't want to see her or anything remotely like that. There was just some ridiculous drama surrounding the planning of it. To make a long story short, I asked to be included numerous times but the one planning it said that she thought I didn't want to be included. I have 4 e-mails asking how I can help, what ideas I had, etc. All of it was ignored. So, I wasn't too thrilled to be there.
However, after 2 mimosas things were much better :)
It was great to see my sister-in-law. Pregnant looks so...normal on her. Honestly, she was meant to be a mom. I can't wait to meet my nephew!
My mom and sister came up for it too and spent the night at my in-laws' house. So, we had a little sleepover. And I'm grateful that everyone gets along so well. It really was a fun weekend despite the drama!
Just a few pics:

The guest of honor, opening some of her amazing gifts.

My sister, mom, father-in-law and David's cousin Cole, playing in the front yard.

My sister, doing what she does best. She read Cole countless books that afternoon.

The obligatory puppy shot. This was a rare moment of quiet.
Frosty Paws to the rescue!
You can make your own frosty paws-mix yogurt, peanut butter and honey and freeze it in muffin tins. It's cheaper and healthier.
ReplyDeleteGlad you add a good time. Drama sucks!
Pug butts!!! So cute! I love the his and hers collars. Fantastic :P
ReplyDelete