Friday, May 02, 2008

the dark ages

A couple of days ago I started to write a post about how things have been the same old same old lately. Nothing really going on, kind of boring actually. But I didn't post it because, honestly, I thought that as soon as I did that things would start falling apart.

Well today they did. I guess just writing it made someone go, hmm, things have been too quiet over there. Let's shake it up!

Actually, it started last night. I learned the hard way of why they say you should never try to break up a dog fight. Even if it IS between 2 pugs. I have a battle wound:


And then it continued today. All this week I've been working from home and it's been a really slow week. Not much work to do. That is until today. But upon waking up this morning it was discovered that there was no internet. And oh hey, no phone either.

After being on hold with V.erizon for about a half hour I found out that F.IOS service had crapped out in our town and 7 surrounding towns. So, phone calls had to be made to let people at work know that I was out of commission until at least noon.

I, however, made good use of the downtime and made it out to our local nursery and picked up a few things:

I was hoping that the internet would stay broken so that I could continue to spend the rest of this gorgeous day outside but no such luck. By the time I changed into 'garden' clothes and slathered myself with sunscreen the internet was fixed. Great.

Then the v.pn for work wasn't working. I hate technology. After 20 minutes on the phone with IT we finally stumbled upon a solution. So now I have full access to get all my work done. But you can see how motivated I am. Hehe, anything to procrastinate!

Oh, forgot to mention the icing on the cake of technology blunders today. Looks like our new "refurbished' m.acbook has a fried hard drive. This is the picture I get when I turn on the computer:

Isn't that promising?

I think this is a sign that I spend way too much time on the internet. So this weekend I'm vowing to spend a lot of time outside of the house. Today has proven to me that when technology goes to shit I feel like I'm going to have a nervous breakdown because I don't know what to do with myself. That's not good. So, I'm going to take a lesson away from the stress that has been today.

Hopefully the weather holds out so that I can really delve into some of the things I want to get done this weekend. And lets hope the internet holds out so that I can document it! Hey, I didn't say I wanted to cut out the internet entirely :)

2 comments:

  1. I get the black screen of death on my work craptop all the time. Ken uses Ghost to restore everything each time it happens. I don't know if Mac has something similar but I'd bet. It works like a dream every time it happens!

    That is one HECK of a bite! Holy smokes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, we took it to the Apple store. They confirmed that the hard drive is fried.

    David didn't lose anything on it but I did. All my photos from the past couple of months were on there. And about 2 days before it died I cleared the card on my camera. So now they are REALLY all gone. Quite sad.

    But luckily the computer is under warranty so whatever we want done to it will be covered.

    Good times!

    ReplyDelete