Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Can I just sit around and do nothing for a little while?

I really wish things would just settle down a little. I haven't been able to relax since we got back from camping. Yesterday after work we went grocery shopping, came home, walked the dog and then we were out the door for yet another vet appointment.

Doesn't sound too bad does it? Well throw in the fact that I locked us out of the house. David was talking to our neighbor outside and I didn't even think before I slammed the door shut. So, there we were, stranded and we needed to get to the vet.

Thank god for our fabulous neighbors. They let us take their car and we remembered that our friends still had a copy of our key. So, we breathed a sigh of relief and headed to the vet.

It turns out that poor Yoda hurt his back during his recovery from anesthesia. So, we came home with meds and were told to keep an eye on him and limit his activity this week. That should be interesting once Saturday rolls around and he meets his new brother. Sigh.

Oh, and this morning I saw the weather forecast called for rain today. So, before heading to work I had to pack up 2 tents, a screened in canopy and a tarp. They had been outside drying since Sunday. I finally got in the car to go to work a half hour after I was supposed to. It was 8:30am and I was already exhausted.

Ughh, and tonight we have to start cleaning the house. It looks like a bomb went off because of all the camping gear and general laziness from the past few days.

Sorry, if this came across as whiny, but I'm so tired and I think I'm getting sick. So, apologies for this vent!

3 comments:

  1. I'll whine with you! I'm packing and painting my new apartment! I'm beat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in vent mode too - vent and ice cream mode. I had to make apple dumplings because you can't eat plain ice cream on a rainy crappy day. Try that - that cheered me right up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet, at least it's not just me that's in a crappy mood!

    And Bri, I had ice cream last night, that seemed to help a bit! The apple dumpling addition sounds yummy though :)

    ReplyDelete