Tuesday, April 17, 2007

the waiting game

UPDATE! They're here! The patio is being built! So exciting :)

I'm working from home today (whoo hoo!) because we have possibly 2 people coming out to the house today. Question is, who will show up first, the guy who is going to fix our oven that's been out of commission for weeks or will it be the guys who will build our patio that was originally supposed to be completed on Friday.

It's only 9am and I'm already getting anxious. We haven't heard from the patio company so we aren't sure if they are actually coming today. Everytime David calls no one answers. That doesn't make me confident. But I'm still holding out hope because I REALLY want this installed today. It would be great to have it built for the party we're having this weekend.

And I can't wait to use our oven again! Last week I started making cake batter and after I added all the ingredients I remembered that I can't cook! So frustrating! Keep your fingers crossed that it will be an easy fix. We think it's the ignitor but neither of us are experts so who knows.

In the meantime I guess I'll just have to do a little work and watch those highly entertaining judge shows!

3 comments:

  1. Ken would be thrilled if I baked. I love to cook - but baking?!!? All that measuring?!?! No way jose! We made cookies last weekend and they turned out like hockey pucks - we used them to feed the ducks! :)

    I'll cross my fingers about the patio guy - that's huge! I'd also be calling every 20 minutes until someone came to my house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You fed the ducks with them that's awesome!

    It would be nice if someone answered the phone when we called though. That makes it even more frustrating! Thanks for keeping your fingers crossed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pictures? Need to see this patio!!!

    ReplyDelete