Monday, April 16, 2007

I hate wind!

Today has been interesting so far. When I came downstairs this morning I looked out of the back windows to see our entire patio unit on the left side of the deck. Great. This has happened before and last night I even mentioned to David that we should take the umbrella down because it was going to be windy. When will I ever learn to just trust my instincts?! I went outside to assess the damage and I turned the table back to it's correct side and unhooked the umbrella so that no more damage would be done today (it's supposed to get worse). While I was out there I noticed a few things had been blown around in the backyard as well. Fabulous, more things to do before I go to work, and I was already late as it was.

To make a long story short, after I corrected all the things on the deck and the backyard I was heading out the door and to the car when I noticed that the entire gutter that goes down the right side of our house was now on the ground and in the bushes. Grrr!!! We were going to get it fixed because it needed repair but now we REALLY have to get it fixed. Can't procrastinate on that one anymore.

Oh, and I stopped to get gas on the way to work, $3.15 a gallon! Thanks, I didn't need all that money anyway.

All this before 8:30 in the morning. I can't wait to see what the rest of the day has to offer :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an expensive little wind storm :(

    Happy Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate this wind storm!!!!

    Grace and I were driving home from the dr office and I seriosuly thought I was going to be blown off the road. And I had to take the long way home in the back roads cause there are so many trees down!

    Ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete