Yoda had another seizure last night. That makes 2 in less than a week and a month before that he had 2 in 2 days. I think it's time to go to the vet. When they were 2 months apart it was fine. But lately they've been getting more frequent and David and I are worried that he may be having these when we aren't around during the day.
So, our next step is to take him to the vet so they can do whatever tests that need to be done and more than likely he'll be on seizure medication for the rest of his life. I really don't want him to have to be medicated all the time but if it keeps him from having these awful things then I'll do it. Whatever it takes to make our little guy better.
It's just so sad to watch him go through these things. My heart breaks for those 2-3 minutes. Luckily he's almost immediately fine afterwards. Well, all but his back legs. It takes about 5 minutes for him to be able to walk normally afterwards but other than that he just looks at us like "why are you guys sitting on the floor, how did I get here, let's go play!"
Anyway, I just needed to vent. I'm sad that our little man now has a "condition".
Poor Yoda! Give him lots of love from us.
ReplyDeleteYeah, his ass is getting a job!!
ReplyDeleteMen in Black 3 filming soon??
HAHAHA!
ReplyDeleteI told Grace to get a job the other day after buying $30 in rash meds!!!!
Do they do MRI scans on puppies? That might pinpoint the problem... or maybe he's diabetic? I think diabetics have seizures...
ReplyDeleteThere's pretty much 3 reasons why dogs have seizures. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it isn't Encephalitis...if it is, then it's really a lost cause.
ReplyDeleteHoping that it's "just" epillepsy. At least that way it can be treated with meds.
Sometimes they just don't know what causes them. Which ever way it turns out, it's not fun :(
Forgot to mention this before - My mom's dog has epilepsy - and he's aged to the ripe old age of 13 and has been having them since he was a puppy. He, like Yoda, has no idea anything happened post episode and he's still a happy little bugger. The one warning is my mom had to get baby gates because he had one near the stairs and fell down them once. So she decided better safe than sorry...
ReplyDelete