Friday, April 21, 2006

Vent, grr!

This morning I almost witnessed 2 accidents. One of which I would have been involved in. And I am positive that the reason these accidents almost happened is because both women were on cell phones. The first one was behind me. We were driving on a pretty big road with numerous lanes. She had sped up and turned around, awkwardly because of her damn cell phone, so that she could try and change lanes. But what she didn't realize is that we were braking because the light coming up had turned red. So, when she finally turned back around, she had to slam on her brakes or else she would have been in my trunk. Ughh, so pissed! You might wonder why I witnessed all of this. Well, she had been behind me for a while, swerving because of her cell phone and using hand gestures while talking. So, I kept an eye on her. Anyway, the next incident happened when I was about a mile from work. I was sitting at a stop light and there was a guy in front of me. The light turned green and as he started to take his foot off the brake, a woman in a huge sedan just ignored her red light and plowed through the intersection. Again, ON HER CELL PHONE! Luckily she went through before the guy in front of me had entered the intersection but jeez, it amazes me how people drive sometimes. And I'm not saying that I never talk on my cell phone in the car. But my conversations are usually about 2 minutes long, just so I can get my point across and then hang up.

Sorry for the vent, but I needed to get that out!

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel! I am totally guilty of talking on my phone in the car but I HATE drivers arounf here lately. My favorite is when people dont brake ahead of time, they just slam on their brakes...SO annoying!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just glad I don't live in VA otherwise I'd worry this rant was directed at me...

    Guilty as charged...

    :P

    I'll make an attempt to get the f off the phone!

    ReplyDelete