I wish I had realized back then how great that was! I would kill to have that now! I totally took it for granted. Sprint drills, running laps, practice everyday, summer camps to keep me in shape, weight lifting for track (I wasn't a runner, I threw discus and javelin). Damn! I didn't realize how great I had it. I mean, yeah, I worked my ass off and complained half the time but I looked great, if I do say so myself. However, I only realize that now. When I was in high school I really didn't care what I looked like. Now that I need to lose a few pounds (ok, a lot!) I realize how I once was in pretty good shape. I just wish I had all of those free resources again, it would be so much easier to stay motivated when someone else is pushing you. I guess I have to be my own personal motivator. It helps to have that image of me in high school, at least I know what I can look like, if I just put forth some more effort. So, hopefully, when the wedding finally gets here, I will be a little closer to the person I once was.Jaime, lets go play tennis soon!
We really do need to! I bet I can hit at least a dozen balls over the fence..it has been SO long since I played. But it would be fun!
ReplyDeleteYeah, it's been a while for me too but we were both great in high school, so I'm sure we can find those skills again! :)
ReplyDelete