Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Is it 5pm yet?

Ever have one of those days where you know you just should have stayed in bed? Yep, that's today for me. The day didn't start off well and I can't see it improving anytime soon. I have a ton of work to do today and some meetings that I have to go across campus for and all I want to do is go home and crawl under the covers. The only thing that is keeping me going right now is knowing that I have a hair appointment after work. Hello highlights! I always feel like a new person afterwards, so hopefully that will help with my mood today.

Anyway, onto a lighter note...Mother's Day is coming up and Hallmark is selling these really cute necklaces for mother and daughter.

They border on cheesy but I think they are adorable. And while we probably won't wear them that much, it's a nice little keepsake. My mom and I are very close. She is my best friend and we tell each other a lot. We both lean on each other in times of need and I can't imagine my life without her. So, I wanted to show that in a little way this year. So, before I go get my hair done I will be stopping by Hallmark to get them. I will be seeing my mom this weekend. We are headed up for my grandfather's memorial service. He passed away a few months ago, but my grandmother wanted to have a church service in memory of him on his birthday. So, it will be a rough weekend. That's why I am choosing to give her this then (a little early), it'll help lighten the mood a little. It will still make her cry, but in a good way at least.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE those. Cheesy, yes, but we mothers LOVE the cheesy stuff!

    ReplyDelete