So, I came into work this morning and put my laptop into its docking station, turned on the computer and when the monitor turned on all I saw was a vertical squiggly line. Fun! So, I turned the computer off and tried again, same result. I tried my laptop and nothing was wrong with it, so before I totally freaked out I asked a coworker and she suggested that it was my monitor. Great! Luckily, I have a Mac on my desk as well, with the same exact monitor so I just switched the two and everything is fine now. Could have been a whole lot worse I guess. I could have had to sit around waiting for our tech support to get here with a new monitor, which could take days! Anyway, that was my fun Monday morning :)
This weekend was a pretty good one. I didn't get much done on Saturday. I blame the weather. It was so miserable out during the day. I wasn't motivated to get anything done. But we did go out to dinner with friends on Saturday night so that was nice. Sunday was a completely different story. It was gorgeous out. Grant it, it was about 30 degrees in the morning but by the afternoon it was about 60 so I ventured outside with Yoda to do some things around the house. The back patio was looking rediculous, almost white trash, so I had to do something about it. I managed to get that area looking decent by raking a gazillion leaves out of there and throwing out a stand up fan and chair. (I realize that this does sound very white trash now!) It's amazing how much more room there is back there. And this is good because we are probably getting a new deck built VERY soon, so that area needs to be cleared out anyway. I can't wait for the deck! David and I still have to go pick out railings and things like that but that's just details. It's actually looking like this could be built within the next couple of weeks. Yay! It's about freakin time!
Yesterday we also realized that we have a blue jay birds nest in our tree in front of the house. Poor little things, they couldn't have picked a worse tree. This thing sways so much when it's windy. I'm going to do daily checks for baby birds on the ground. When I noticed they were there I quickly filled up the bird feeder in the front and I will continue to do that until they are gone. I'm looking forward to spying on them to see when the babies arrive. I will however take caution because blue jay's tend to be very nasty birds. I don't want to get my eye pecked out or something :)
When you get your yard all cleared out, you are MORE than welcome to help kick my butt into grear with the travesty that I call my yard!!! :)
ReplyDeleteSo excited to see the new deck!