Sunday, August 05, 2012

just us


I have been looking forward to this past weekend for a while.  David was planning to be out of town so I invited my dad down to spend some time together.  We rarely get to spend time by ourselves so I took advantage of it. I can't even explain how great this weekend has been.  It couldn't have been more perfect and I'm not exaggerating.


We spent the past few days hiking in the mountains of Shenandoah, exploring caverns, watching Lithuania come so close to beating the US in Olympic basketball and soothing our sore muscles in the hot tub with cold beers...with lots of laughs mixed in.


When my dad called me this afternoon to let me know he made it back to PA safely he said that he was sad when he left because he didn't want to leave.  I felt the same.


I am not taking this for granted.  I know how lucky I am to still have my dad around and to be able to have such a great connection with him.  We made some wonderful memories this weekend and I really hope we can do something like this again soon.  My soul is happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment