David and I are going out to dinner tonight with about 18 of our friends (including their little munchkins). It should be an interesting but fun night! We are going to Red Robin because of it's convenience and well, they have good burgers and fries! I just took a look on their website to see if maybe they have nutritional information so that I could plan ahead a little. I need to really make sure that when we go out I'm watching what I'm doing and that it doesn't turn into a free for all.
To my delight, they not only have nutritional information but they have a customizer tool that lets you pick each and every single thing you plan to order then all you have to do is hit 'calculate nutrition' and it tells you everything you need to know.
So, I plugged in what I normally get when I go there. I knew it would be bad but my jaw dropped when I calculated the WW points. 28 points! 28!! That's one more point then what I'm allowed to have for the whole day! Ughh, how disappointing. And that doesn't even include the two Cokes I usually end up drinking which would up that total 5 more points.
It's quite the eye opener. My plan tonight is to have one of their smaller burgers that you have to ask for because they don't seem to make it readily known on their menu that you can get that (it's basically the size for kids). And I will only eat half of my fries. And I'll order a water instead of Coke.
I keep reminding myself of why I'm doing this but it still feels like I'm depriving myself. How messed up is that? My mind basically wants me to have clogged arteries I guess. I'm not depriving myself. I'm cutting down on the things that could eventually kill me. I'm treating my body with the respect it deserves. Just one more thing I need to remind myself of. These habits are hard ones to break!
Do you like lemon in your water? It adds a lot of flavor and it's good for you!
ReplyDeleteehh, I've tried many things to enhance water. It's not like I hate drinking water, it's just that with certain foods I crave a soda. That I'm sure will pass but last night was hard! :)
ReplyDelete