Sunday, January 10, 2010

the one and only


A few days ago, David and I were in Target. We were in the fitness aisle and I perused the DVDs while he checked out the free weights. I wanted to get another workout DVD to rotate in with the ones I currently have. (If I do the same workout over and over I get tremendously bored.) And there she was...Ms. Jillian Michaels. I knew that I needed to get one of her workouts. So, I added her 'Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism' DVD to my cart. I previewed the DVD that night and told David "yep, she's going to kick my ass".

I sit here, writing this, covered in sweat. I just completed the warm up, 3 circuits and the cool down. And yes, she kicked my ass. But I LOVE HER! I was afraid that she would be crazy like she is in 'The Biggest Loser' but she's not. She's just the right amount of motivation and no nonsense.

There are 7 circuits in the workout but even the DVD suggests that beginners take it a little easy and do a few circuits, not the whole thing. So, I listened.

Even though I didn't do every circuit, I found myself on the verge of tears during a very hard exercise but I didn't give up and I pushed through it. That's where her motivation really helps and I did feel proud of myself when I finished.

This workout is a far cry from some of the other workout DVD's I have that are so upbeat and cheery it makes me want to roll my eyes. It's going to be hard to keep using those after this! Oh, and I thought that I would hate seeing incredibly fit people do the same exercises I was struggling to complete. I mean, there are no even slightly out of shape people standing with her, just two other perfectly sculpted bodies. But at the end, even they are covered in sweat! A sign of a truly awesome workout.

This one is definitely a keeper and I'm actually looking forward to doing it again (although maybe not tomorrow)!


'Fitness to me isn't about a crunch or a push up, it's about taking your power back.' - Jillian Michaels

2 comments:

  1. From one who has done that video more times than I can count, I wish you a HUGE congrats! That video is butt kicking! Way to go L!

    I love her No More Trouble Zones. I make a point to do it at least once a week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know about that other one. I'll have to add it at some point down the road!

    I really love the Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. I really needed a butt kicking workout and I'm pretty sure I found the perfect one :)

    Becky, I'm aiming to lose as much weight as you did so you are an inspiration. A big congrats to you and your weight loss!

    ReplyDelete