Wednesday, January 13, 2010
empty calories
Today was the first day since I stopped drinking soda that I wasn't craving it when lunchtime came around. This is HUGE. I've been drinking mostly water with meals for the past week and it's been painful. I love to have something tasty to drink along with my meals and this has been the hardest part of getting back on that horse. I've got to break that habit.
But it is getting easier. I don't pout as much when I have to drink water at lunch or dinner. And if I do start to pout, I remind myself how many empty calories there are in a lot of drinks and how I just don't have room for those empty calories now that I'm actively doing WW again. I have 27 points a day and there's no way in hell I'm wasting any of them on silly drinks. Well, that's not entirely true. 2 points were taken up today by some Snapple. But I had room for it today, and that's the difference.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am SO friggin impressed! I'm thinking about doing the same over lent. Last year I only gave up Diet Coke. This year I"m considering basically what you seem to be doing--anything "fake". So regular Coke is ok, but diet is a no-no. Or OJ is ok. God help me.... :)HA! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteYou can do it Allie! We should go back to our e-mail updates too to help each other out again :)
ReplyDeleteTry putting lemon in you water.
ReplyDeleteyeah I tried that...and ended up throwing the water out because it tasted so bad :)
ReplyDeleteI did get a fruit infusion pitcher for Christmas that I still need to try out.
Honestly, drinking plain water has really grown on me, though. I don't mind drinking it anymore. I just wish there were more low calorie choices out there for drinks. Oh well :)
You can make real iced tea, we like to make sun tea in the summer, add a little honey and it's oh so good! mmmm......summer!
ReplyDelete