Sunday, August 16, 2009

too much food


David's parents came into town this weekend and we had an absolute blast. It's been about 3 years since they've been down here (although they completely disagree that it's really been that long!) so we were thrilled for them to finally make a visit again.


They came down to celebrate David's birthday and we spent Saturday afternoon walking around the Air and Space Museum and had a great time. Seriously, a great time. Then afterwards we headed here. We were fully prepared going in and had a not-to-heavy breakfast and avoided lunch all together. However, there's no way you can have the family style dinner and leave that place not feeling like you just gained 20 pounds.

Since this isn't a regular occurrence, I was fine with going there and eating my share of points for the day plus some. Plus a lot.

However, we now have a ridiculous amount of leftovers. We left the restaurant with 4 boxes. 4 BOXES of four cheese ravioli, chicken parmesan and fettuccine alfredo. Such healthy food right? And it's all in my fridge right now. And I mentioned they were down here for David's birthday so the contents of are fridge now include all I mentioned above plus cannoli cake, mini cannolis, chocolate covered strawberries, 4 pieces of cheesecake plus the leftovers from Friday night's dinner that we made for them.

The cherry on top is that my first weigh in is tomorrow. Nicely planned on my part, right?

I have a plan in place for today (we'll see if I stick to it) but I'm already looking forward to NEXT week's weigh in when there won't be this much tempting fatty food in the house!

3 comments:

  1. I would have eaten my heat out too! Life is too short to not enjoy the special times. :-)

    Have you taken any measurments yet? I think they are the best indicator anyway.

    Good luck at the weigh in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fridge looks like that too right now....ugg!! We had the family bday party at my house yesterday and I have 2 cakes in there!! Must through them away!!!!

    LOVE the new blog. LOVE that you are working toward a goal of feeling like you again.....I am proud!!

    The whole gang is on this kick - let's all keep ourselves accountable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bring the leftovers to work!

    ReplyDelete