Monday, August 10, 2009

9.8


I think I might have finally found the purpose to this blog. I've been in a funk lately with this thing and it's simply because I have no idea what to talk about. Plus I've been struggling with losing weight and that hasn't put me in the greatest of moods. But once again I am back on the wagon and I feel like this is a perfect place for me to be accountable for my progress with weight loss.

I've been this size for waaaaay too long and it's finally time to ditch this ridiculous excess weight and get back to the REAL me. I honestly can't relate to the woman I see in the mirror. I used to be active. Not crazy active but I'm an athletic person. I miss being able to be good at things like tennis. I can't even run anymore. Not that I used to run but the point is I could run if I wanted to. If I think about it too much it really makes me depressed. But instead of wallowing in it I'm taking charge and doing something about it. I've said that numerous times in the past but I really want it to stick this time. And now that I have this blog to keep me accountable I'm hoping that it will help drive me even more to really get to my goal.

What's also different this time is that David has started his own quest to drop the pounds. His incentive is money but whatever works right? At the end even if he doesn't win the money he's still won because he'll be thinner. I'm so proud of him already and I think it's great that we are both doing this together now.

So, here I go. I weighed myself this morning and wasn't shocked by what the number was. I knew I had gained because I stopped counting points a long time ago but today was the first time in months that I was brave enough to step on the scale and try to reverse this cycle I've gotten into.

9.8. I hate that number. It's the number of pounds I've gained since April. How's that for being accountable. I can't believe I typed that for the world to see but I need to do it. And every Monday I will continue to post how much I've lost or how much I've gained.

Wish me luck. Well, not so much luck but wish me success. I'm a very stubborn person sometimes and I'm starting to realize that I may need a little help with getting to my goal. What kind of help I need is still unknown but I'm hoping there are people out there that I can lean on if I need them or people that can offer a bit of advice. I'm not too proud to ask for it anymore.

This blog will be the home of my journal to weight loss, maybe some stories of why I need to lose it this time, articles I find helpful, and just everyday stuff that I'm thinking about. The bottom line is that I'm using this as a tool to help keep me on track. I'm hopeful it will do just that.


The photo above is my goal weight. It was taken during the summer of 2000 in Australia. See, I wasn't always fat! This was after college too, so I know this weight is doable. It wasn't that long ago. I can do this. I can do this!

2 comments:

  1. It's not easy, but you have a lot of people behind you cheering you on! I'm going to email you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the support! I see how well you are doing with your weight loss, congratulations!! :)

    ReplyDelete