Tuesday, August 11, 2009

not the smartest choice...


Accountability....yep. Here it is. I had M.cDo.nald's for dinner last night. Boo! However, the rest of the day I was really good with the food I ate. There were some factors as to why I ate so poorly last night. I had a funeral to go to at 7pm. All day I was thinking about it and didn't really plan on what I was going to do for dinner. I didn't want to eat beforehand because it would have been too early and by the time I left the church last night it was 8:45pm. I was famished and sad and so I went for the closest thing I could find in the GPS and that was the dreaded M.cDon.ald's. I'm realizing now that I cannot use these kinds of things as excuses. I could very well have found a subway or something healthier if I had just made the effort. But, here I am, being accountable for it and recognizing that it was a bad choice. That's a start right?

4 comments:

  1. Hey, McDonalds isn't the worst thing in the world. It's more of what you ate while you were there.

    Check this site out:

    http://eatthis.menshealth.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's not the worst thing in the world if you choose the right things there. Problem was I wanted the chicken and fries last night :)

    It's not going to be a habit so I'm not wallowing in my choice but I will learn from this!

    Thanks for the link, I've seen that in the past but I'm going to start bookmarking favorite links, and this is on it now!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're die hard Eat This Not That followers - check out the books. It really helps you figure out where some of the crazy places calories come from. For example, low fat peanut butter? Totally worse for you than the regular. They cut the fat but hugely upped the sugars which turns into fat anyways. I was floored - here I was thinking we were making good choices - only to be tricked!

    Accountability is key - and not having things available. The other hard part is it's 80% diet and 20% exercise so you can't really run off all the indulgences. That stinks. That one really kills me :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Bri...I'll have to check out those books.

    And I'm sticking with WW too. It helped me out so much before and I know it works if I can just stay with it long enough for it to become a habit. I dropped 15 pounds before, I can do it again. Although I need to lose MUCH more than 15 but it's a start :)

    ReplyDelete