Sunday, August 03, 2008

makes you think

The weather is beginning to scare me lately. I remember when a passing thunderstorm was common during the summer, but it would just be a few rumbles of thunder, some lightning and a downpour of rain.

But lately, every thunderstorm that passes over us is a severe thunderstorm sometimes sprinkled with a tornado watch in it as well.

Today we were under a watch and then it quickly turned to a warning. I watched as our umbrella turned into a sail thanks to the 60mph winds, carrying our table nearly sideways a half a dozen times. Cloud to ground lightning strikes made the thunder shake the house. Then the hail came. And that's another thing, we never used to get hail with storms. This summer I'm pretty sure every thunderstorm we've had has dropped hail on us.

But today was different. Today it lasted more than 5 minutes.


It just makes me wonder what we are really doing to this planet of ours. Maybe things are a little worse than we think.

3 comments:

  1. We got hail too. In ALABAMA in the SUMMER. What the heck is going on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. I work outside so I am an expert weather complainer. It was NOT this hot and humid last summer! I live in Maine where summers usually are the "prefect" weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete