Wednesday, August 27, 2008

a little redecorating

I updated the site a little bit. Changed some colors around and some pictures were replaced. I just felt it needed a little face lift. I was getting bored.

I think all of this came to be because I'm really trying to figure out if there's a way for me to make a little money off of my photography. So, I've been spending most of my free time tweaking photos, taking photos and thinking about my photos. Right now, what's holding me back from selling anything are three things:

1) Where am I going to sell these photos?

2) How am I going to sell these photos?

3) Is this stuff even good enough to be sold?

That last question isn't trying to rope in compliments at all. It's honestly how I feel. I told David the other night when we were discussing this that I really feel that the doubt in my skill came from professors in college.

It was awful to go through 4 years of half the faculty loving what you do and the other half basically telling you that maybe you should find something else to major in. It's amazing that I'm even loving photography still.

Anyway, hopefully eventually I will be able to take that leap into the unknown but right now, I'll just focus on taking the best photos I can....and maybe I'll stumble upon some fantastic innovative way to sell my photography. One can hope :)

6 comments:

  1. I know you are not fishing for compliments, but what you do is amazing! You could create a website that is titled with a common googled term, set up with paypal, and such.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are amazing. But I totally understand what you are saying....its hard to put yourself out there to be critiqued...what if no one buys your photos, etc. BUT you know we will all support you if/when you move forward.

    Just promise that when you are famous, you will remember us litle people! :)

    BTW---I want that parrot pic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look into Etsy.com - I buy all sorts of stuff on there. Mostly kid stuff but I know there's a ton of photography on there. Throw your hat in the ring. The worst thing that could happen is you could sell something :)

    You really do take amazing photos. Truly. I don't hand out compliments - in fact - I'm pretty stingy with compliments. You deserve to know how talented you are. And you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! I truly appreciate it.

    And Bri, I have looked into Etsy and I think that might be what I finally choose to do. I just need to take that leap...eek!

    It means the world knowing that I have you guys as a support system :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are fabulous! And just so ya know... you've already have a cheering team on Etsy :) I'm on there and so is Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What about some of the festivals in the spring/summer? Maybe you could start on etsy and get prepped for the spring? Lord knows we'd be happy to help you get ready :)
    Besides-you made me look hot in photos on my wedding day-you are a miracle worker in my book :)

    ReplyDelete