Friday, April 11, 2008

slowly but surely

It's been about a month since I started W.eight W.atchers. And I have to say, I really think that this time is my time to lose all this ridiculous weight. I found a great quote and I wholeheartedly agree with it.

'A goal without a plan is just a wish.'

Speaks volumes to me in this process of weight loss. My mindset hasn't gone downhill at all. I'm still just as committed today as I was from day 1. And that's huge. This is around the point where I normally would slip up and it would all go to hell.

But this time is different. This time I have a plan and it's sticking. I couldn't be happier. In one month I have lost 11.6 pounds! I still have a long way to go but there's no way in hell I'm giving up on this.

I now know how to eat. That's what I never understood in all my times of trying to lose weight on my own. This is definitely not a diet. It's a way of life. I'm learning what healthy portion sizes are and I'm also learning that just because I'm bored, doesn't mean I need to eat. Which has been a huge problem for me in the past.

And thanks A, our weekly check in e-mails make me accountable and that's a HUGE part of this process. So, thank you!

Here's to another month of success!

3 comments:

  1. THAT is awesome!

    I was looking at our pictures from our beach trip last week---you can see in the pics how much weight Bill has lost. Very exciting.

    We have gotten off course a bit but we need to get re-committed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful that you are doing so well. I enjoy WW because it is sensible and very doable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that quote. Saved it for myself. You really are doing wonderfully and have a lot to be proud of. Refocusing how you think about food is huge. I know I used to reward myself (eat badly on vacation etc.) and now I try to remember food is just fuel. Sometimes it works, sometimes I think I NEED a cookie to recover from my day. Keep on keeping on!!!

    ReplyDelete