I was in the front yard doing some preliminary gardening this weekend when I noticed that something was eating away at my wooden border around the tree. The only thing I could remember that does something like that is te.rmites. So, a call was made to our pest people and they came around to check it out this morning.
Yep. We've got te.rmites. Thank GOD we caught it when we did though because there's only a small amount of damage to the wood attached to the house. Honestly, if I didn't have that border and it didn't need to be tweaked we wouldn't have realized.
So, the good news is that we caught it before they did any real damage. The bad news, it costs $350 to spray to get rid of them. Fantastic!
Termites - booooo! We found a ground bees nest. I'm waiting for the estimate to get rid of it.
ReplyDeleteMight want to check out www.campbelllitigation.com. it is unlikley that a termite company could buy enough chemical to properly treat a home for $350, much less pay for the technicians to apply it, etc.
ReplyDeleteWe're getting it at cost because we are existing customers with the company for other quarterly pest control.
ReplyDeleteBut thanks for your concern, random commenter.