Friday, August 11, 2006

Wanted: Sleep!

Anyone willing to take David in for a few days? I desperately need sleep. For the past 3 or 4 days he's been sleepwalking 4 or 5 times a night. And every time he does this I wake up and get him back to bed. He has zero recollection of this but I'm left so tired during the day. It happened 4 times again last night and today I feel like a zombie. It's all catching up to me and I'm here by myself at work today. We are normally a 4 person team and we are down to one today, me. Great. Tons of work and dead tired on top of it. And it's so hard to get angry because he doesn't know what he's doing so it's not like he's doing it on purpose but my god, 4 times a night?

If this becomes a regular thing I may have to invest in some chains to keep him locked to the bed, and not in the fun way! :)

6 comments:

  1. I vote for the chains. Maybe a leash-line that runs to the bathroom, just in case...

    Solve this problem quickly. You don't want to be the couple that sleeps in separate rooms for the whole marriage, do ya?

    - kb

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would NEVER come to that, sleeping in seperate rooms. But the leash thing sounds like a fabulous idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Separate beds - that means I would have the whole bed to myself

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Dave's just helping you get ready for Junior :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dave junior? Rough.

    L would have to put netting in the upstairs...

    THAT'S IT!!!

    Get like a soccer net or something. Attach it to the doorway.

    then keep track of the "goals"

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my god, if I was drinking something it would have just come out of my nose! Netting...awesome!

    ReplyDelete