So, it's been a while since I posted. It's been busy around here.My mom came for a visit on Wednesday and stayed until Saturday morning. It was so great to have her here. However, there always seems to be a story to tell after the two of us get together. She came in on Wednesday afternoon and we met each other for lunch at Wegmans. Instead of going home and sitting by herself for a few hours until I came home from work, she went to the mall to kill some time. I got a call 2 hours later from her, saying that she had a completely flat tire. Great! So, she called for help and instead of making my way home at 4:30 I made my way to the mall parking lot. There we sat, for 2 hours! Yep, they were supposed to arrive within an hour but our tow truck guy got called away by a cop so that he could tow a car to the impound lot. So, we sat and chatted away for 2 hours. It honestly didn't feel that long because we got a chance to catch up and laugh occasionally at the situation we were in. Long story short, the guy finally showed up and it turns out that a tiny little nail was the culprit. So, we finally made our way to the dealership to get it fixed. By the time we got home it was 8pm and we were exhausted.
The rest of the time she spent here was less drama filled. However, there were moments. She went to the supermarket on Thursday to pick up a cake for David's belated birthday. She returned home with bananas, pretzels and Diet Coke but no cake. Turns out, she left it at the cashier. Hehe. Anyway, moving on...
We spent a lot of time together catching up and going over wedding stuff. I tried on things that I had bought and she even helped me pick out and buy a pair of earrings for the big day. It was sad to see her go, even Yoda was depressed. He slept on the guest room bed for hours (he never goes in there). So, Saturday was a bit depressing. I always hate to see her go. I wish she lived closer so that we could hang out more. Like I said before, she's my best friend. So, only being able to see her every few months is sad.
Saturday night we had friends over to hang out, order Dominos and watch 'Benchwarmers'. It was great to have them over and it was a nice distraction from the mood I was in.
Sunday was a lazy day. David, Yoda and I curled up on the couch for a while watching TV and it was heaven. I didn't want to move all day. Actually, the only time I really moved off the couch was to go upstairs to take a nap. I swear I'm coming down with something though because I took a nap on Saturday and Sunday. Nyquil seemed to help a lot last night but I think I drove David crazy with the way I was acting :)
So, there is the longwinded update! Back to work :(
No comments:
Post a Comment