Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Day 1

Today is my first day back on Weight Watchers.  My weigh in this morning floored me.  I wallowed for a bit but there's no point in doing that.  What's important is that I'm taking control back.  It might be the 10th time I've done this in the past few years but that's ok with me.  At least I keep trying.

I've added something new and different this time to help aid in success.


A gym membership!

I've been floating the idea around in my head for a while now.  The biggest factor in my hesitation was cost. This place isn't cheap but the best part is that my company pays 50% of the membership cost every month.  Whoo hoo for fitness reimbursements!   It's also only 2 miles from my house.

I was amazed when I went in for a tour last week.  Yes, it's a huge gym with a pool, racquetball & basketball courts and all the gym equipment you could imagine but what I didn't expect was the enormous amount of classes they offer, for free (well, included in the membership fee)!  Of course, they have ones you have to pay for but there are tons of classes that you can just walk right into whenever you want.

I'm really hoping that this is what I need to really keep me on track, long term.  I was doing so well during the 5k training but the second the 5k was over, I didn't do anything.  Literally, I haven't worked out since that 5K, October 28th.  Wow...

Since I know that having a training routine motivates me, I signed up for another 5k!  This one is sponsored by my gym and takes place in tons of cities across the country.  We all start at exactly the same time.  West coast starts at 8am, east coast starts at 11am (thankfully, since it's on NEW YEAR'S DAY!)  It's also the same exact course as my first 5k, so at least I know what I'm getting into.

So, here I go again.  I'm back to counting points and tomorrow night I meet with a personal trainer for a free consultation where he will tell me what I need to be doing to drop some of this weight.

Exciting times are ahead!

4 comments:

  1. If you can do a 5k you can do anything! That's great that you job pays for half. My gym is expensive too and it's part of the reason I go so much, I had a membership to a cheap gym a while ago and I never went. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, the price tag will hopefully keep me motivated to go more often! :)

      Delete
  2. Good for you!!! I went to that gym for years growing up -- love it!! Grace and I are starting to run together ---- doc's order for her to get more leg strengh. Maybe we will see you at a 5k one day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know you went there! Good luck to you and Grace. What a great way to spend some time together! If you end up signing up for a 5K next year let me know :)

      Delete