We attended David's fraternity formal this past weekend and I'll admit
that in the past few years it's become less and less fun. We are getting older but
the students stay the same age. Sometimes it feels like we are the
chaperones at a prom. But this year was different. There were many
people that we knew, including dear friends that we haven't seen in a long time, and the quarter drinks put me in a very fine mood
fairly quickly.
Sometimes I forget just how
lucky blessed I am. There I was,
having a great time hanging out with friends, laughing and drinking.
Suddenly, I hear the familiar first lines of a song and I was grabbed by
the hand as David led me to the dance floor. You see, the DJ hadn't
played a slow song all night and David and I aren't ones to rip it up on
the dance floor. We like 2 or 3 scattered slow songs throughout the
night to make us happy. Anyway, it turns out that David had gone up to
the DJ and asked if he had a certain song. He didn't have it so he
downloaded it and played it. I have such a thoughtful husband. It
warmed my heart so much to know that he went to that trouble just so
that we could have one slow dance that night, our wedding song. Incredible.
I found myself completely relaxed the whole night and never ONCE did
I think about infertility. I can't tell you how amazing that was.
It's something that is always on my mind and the fact that I got a break
from it for a few hours is indescribable. Such a great weekend, one that I won't soon forget.
No comments:
Post a Comment