![]() | |
| I have the most amazing husband. Two bouquets of flowers! One for work and one for home. Love. |
We started out the day by going to get our infectious disease bloodwork updated. Yay! A small but important step before we resume fertility treatments next year. Once again, they couldn't find a vein. The phlebotomist even 'joked' that I should ask for better veins for Christmas. Nice.
Later that day, we drove to a beautiful farm about a half hour away so that we could cut our own Christmas tree. What we didn't expect was for all the trees to be about 3-5 feet tall. Ha!
![]() |
| The beautifully tiny trees and David being a rugged, strong man! |
So, we picked out a beautiful, 8ft pre-cut Frasier Fir instead. We saved $50(!!) by going to this farm instead of where we normally go which is a hop, skip and jump from our house.
Our next stop (told you it was a whirlwind!) was to the vet to confirm that Yoda once again had a mast cell growth. Cancer confirmed and he is probably in surgery right now as I type this.
![]() |
| Brooklyn came along for moral support. |
We both felt a little deflated after the appointment but luckily we still had something to look forward to, dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. Yum! David even surprised me with hiring a car service so that we both could drink and not have to worry about how to get home. And boy did we take advantage of that! 2 bottles of wine, yes please!
![]() |
| David enjoying our calamari appetizer and then our dessert! |
Friday was amazing. I haven't had such a great day in a very long time. Even with Yoda's cancer diagnosis (he's going to be fine). It was just one of those days that confirmed that David is the man I was meant to spend the rest of my life with. I am more in love with him than I was the day that we got married. No lie and I don't care if that sounds cheesy. We laughed a lot and created some great memories.
Saturday morning was spent nursing hangovers. But we didn't waste the day. Once we stopped feeling like trucks ran over us we headed into DC for a quick trip and then came home and cleaned out the hot tub. Holy crap did I forget how time consuming that is! Thank god we only have to do that twice a year!
![]() |
| Why yes that is a Five Guys cup in the background. Yum! |
Sunday was Christmas decorating day! Well for me it was, David was at the Jets game. Which meant that I could do whatever I wanted (including keeping the marathon of Teen Mom on in the background all day!) I was up at 7am and spent the whole day running around like a chicken with its head cut off. But it was worth it. Tree is up, decorations are out and the outside of the house looks amazing!
![]() |
| A lot of hard work but so pretty! |
This was definitely a weekend I won't soon forget. I am grateful for being able to have such a great few days that made me smile so hard my cheeks hurt.






LOVE it! Well, the 99% of it (Love you Yoda Bud!) Adn I'm glad we didn't end up hanging out Sat or you might be getting this nasty cold Emerson has. Booo
ReplyDelete