Wednesday, December 07, 2011

recovery

I'm in full on mom mode right now.  While I don't have a human child I do have 2 pug children and I don't care how silly that sounds, it's true.  I love these little guys to pieces and would do anything for them. And my mama instinct kicks in hard when either one of them is sick. 

Yoda is hanging in there.  I can tell he's in pain though and itchy.  Oh, the itchiness.  If only I could get that to stop.  I hate to say it but I miss the e-collar. 
The first time Yoda had a mast cell tumor removed.
It just won't work this time because of where some of his stitches are.  Right behind the ear and that's the perfect spot for dogs to reach with the paws.  Paws filled with claws that could easily rip beautiful stitches out.
Not just one, but two huge incisions on my poor baby.
So, all we can do is watch him.  All the time, 24/7.  We had them in the bed with us last night (the previous night I was on the couch) and I didn't care if I was comfortable or if I could get some sleep.  I was just concerned that both pups (even the healthy one) were comfortable enough to get to sleep.  I was up every hour, if not more frequently, whenever I felt movement.  I needed to be sure that Yoda wasn't scratching.  I needed to be sure that Yoda didn't need water.  I needed to be sure that Yoda wasn't in pain. I needed to make sure that Yoda was ok.  It's exhausting.

I can only hope that there is enough caffeine in the world to get me through all of this!  Lord, give me strength.

1 comment:

  1. You're a good puppy mama! and no it's not silly! These pups are a huge part of our lives!
    One time last year Keeda was super sick and had to go out ever 10 minutes so I brought a blanket outside and slept on the lawn all night with her and she was better in the morning!
    I hope Yoda feels better soon. Poor thing! What a tricky spot to get stitches!

    ReplyDelete