Someone I work with has posted twice on Facebook (first on Mother's Day, now on Father's Day) that she is offering up her son and will take the best offer. I know she is doing this as a joke but to those of us who would LOVE to have a 2 year old boy (even if it means he doesn't take naps some days and throws his toys around the house) it stings a lot. I try no to take posts like this personally but it's difficult.
I realize that having a child is hard work but it's work that I would give just about anything to be blessed with. And it took a lot for me to not respond and say that I would take him, bad days and all.
Sorry for the vent, it's just another heart wrenching parent related holiday around here today.
There was a man in front of me at CVS last night whose son was crying. It was about 8 pm and he was around three. He looked so similar to Braden. Poor kid was tired, and being dragged out for cigarettes. The man turned to me and says, "You want 'em? He can be a real pain in the ass." I said, "Absolutely. I would have given anything to have my son, and know I would give almost anything for him to not have a terminal condition. Even on his worst days." he became a bit uncomfortable as I held eye contact with him. I smiled to soften the blow and added, "Life is a gift not a given. Remember that and give him an extra hug tonight." I am the wrong person to offer up/complain about kids to.
ReplyDeleteKeep fighting Lina!
I'm glad you said something to him. Some parents just don't understand how truly blessed they are. I would take a cranky child in a heartbeat.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing :) And thanks for the support.