Monday, February 01, 2010

pride


Yesterday I put in the dreaded Jillian Michaels DVD and instead of hitting the button that let me choose which circuits I wanted to do, I instead clicked where it said to just play the entire workout. I was determined to try to finish all 7 circuits. I felt I was ready.

My heart was racing, I was sweating but I was doing it. I finished the WHOLE thing. And it wasn't half-assed at all. I did every exercise (although some had to be the "beginner" way but still!) with enthusiasm. I cannot even begin to describe how proud of myself I was after I finished it. And to tell you the truth, it was easier than I thought it would be. I think a lot of that had to do with the fact that I lost track of what circuit I was on and how much time was left. When I chose the circuits myself I would have to physically click to the next circuit which allowed for some down time and time to realize just how much I had left to do, which is a bad thing.

Anyway, I love this workout and now that I know I can do the whole thing, it's really put me on the right track to keep this going. I'm stronger than I think and that's empowering.

Oh, and today was my weigh in and I lost 2.2 pounds!

2 comments:

  1. WAHOO!!!!!!!!!!! Sadly I didn't see you could actually program so I just forward it to the end when it's too much :) Meanwhile I did my Biggest Loser DVD to mix it up and my thighs havn't let me forget it. I'm so excited for you! That is simply awesomeness!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, fast forwarding is difficult for me because I don't play it in a DVD player, I play it on our PS2. So trying to figure out which button is fast forward would take forever! I'm so happy you can choose the circuits individually on that.

    I need to buy her other one soon. No More Trouble Zones is the one I want to start rotating into my exercise plan. I can't wait!

    Thanks for the encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete