Friday, February 12, 2010

boot camp


I decided to mix up my exercise for today. I'm currently waiting on this to come in the mail so instead of just alternating my Jillian DVD and the elliptical I added in the Biggest Loser DVD that has been collecting dust for probably almost a year.

I bought this DVD when I was still ridiculously out of shape and probably at my heaviest weight ever. Back then, I put the DVD in and couldn't even get through the warm up. Not because I was huffing and puffing but because it was wreaking havoc on my knees. I couldn't even get through the warm up! Can you imagine how devastating that feels?

So, I was a little hesitant when I put it in today because I knew I couldn't get through it the last time. Well, this time the warm up was a breeze. Yay, empowerment!

I moved onto the boot camp session of the DVD and that was a whole different story. I got through it but not without wanting to cry because my muscles were screaming at me. But that's a good thing. I want them to be screaming, they've been too lazy for too long.

But I sit here typing this and I can actually feel all the muscles it takes to type because they are still reeling from the workout. However, I am not complaining. I love that DVD now, even though it made me cry!

No comments:

Post a Comment