Saturday, March 08, 2008

a new beginning

I took a huge step yesterday. I signed up for W.eight W.atchers online. It's clear that I can't do this on my own. I need a plan, a system. And I'm already seeing things in a different light.

It's amazing how much crap I've been consuming without realizing how bad it is for me. I'm really hoping that this is what I need to finally lose this ridiculous weight and get back to what I picture myself as. Honestly, when I close my eyes, I don't see myself like this. I really can't wait until the me I see in my head matches the me in the real world.

Wish me luck. I'm sure I'll post about this on and off. I'm really determined to do this (yep, I know I've said that before). I've got a long road ahead of me but I'm optimistic. And now, the $17 that's taken from my credit card each month will help motivate me even more!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats!!!! I have done it in the past with luck...sadly, I never stuck to it long enough to get to my goal weight. I don't know if you get the "stuff" but I have extra points sliders I can give you. You know the boy and I are also working on it. I might just sign up online too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yeah, I have a bunch of stuff. My mom is doing WW again and she sent me her extra info including the slider.

    The website is awesome and has a program where you just enter in what you eat and it knows the points, well for most items.

    It's a fantastic tool and I think that alone will help me lose weight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a bunch of good recipes, I'll send them to you, I trick Dennis into thinking he's not eating healthy food!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bill and I are on WW and its working!! YEA! We can all do this rogether. We are using Allie's wedding as a goal date.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you luck - this diet thing is tough. What happened to the crazy matoblizims (good lord - I just gave up spelling it) we had in high school?!!?

    ReplyDelete