Tuesday, November 20, 2012

a new friend

A little while back, a coworker emailed me to ask if I ever take pet photos.  We spoke back and forth and within minutes I had agreed to a photo shoot of her and her dog for some possible Christmas card photos.  This was back in September.  To give you an idea of how crazy busy I've been, we had to schedule the shoot for this past weekend.  

Of course my nerves were super high like they always are when I shoot for someone else.  This fear is the reason I'm hesitating on pursuing a side photography business.  Thank you RIT for scarring me for life with 4 years of critiques.  Why is it that only the bad critiques seem to stick around for years in my brain?

Anyway, we had a great time.  I was able to shoot for about an hour and a half and took over 500 photos.  I had to!  All the stuff you hear about Jack Russell Terriers is true.  Bundle of energy and curious about everything. It made shooting a little challenging but snapping away gave me a better chance to catch him sitting/standing still.







I really love the way the photos turned out.  It helped that Candace is pretty much flawless, so it was like shooting a professional model.  She looked good in every single one of the shots.  Damn her!  Ha.

After the shoot, when I was finally able to relax, we headed out to brunch and enjoyed some amazing food, yummy blood orange mimosas and good conversation.

We haven't spent much time together outside of the office but after this weekend we found that we have so much in common and get along really well.  We've already set up plans for future happy hours. I'm not good at making friends so this is a big deal for me.

What's also a big deal is that I just wrote the words "I really love the way the photos turned out".  Confidence is slowly building up.  Maybe that business will eventually happen.  We'll see.

3 comments:

  1. The pictures came out really great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ladies! She chose the photo of the dog on his hind legs with the big green/blue door for her Christmas card. Yay for making people happy :)

    ReplyDelete