Thursday, October 18, 2012
f*ck cancer
The world lost an incredible woman this morning. It's a very somber day here at work. We are all mourning a former colleague who battled the most deadly strain of breast cancer not once, not twice but three times. She was a fighter in every sense of the word.
I remember the first time I was in the presence of Trish. She was the most intimidating person I've ever met. Never afraid to speak her mind and tell the corporate big wigs they were foolish for the direction they were going in. She wasn't afraid of anyone, or anything, including cancer.
She bravely fought with ever fiber of her being. She lived life to the absolute fullest with her husband and two daughters. After she was diagnosed with cancer the first time they vowed as a family to explore what life really had to offer and to truly live life to the fullest. They would take excursions all over the world; Costa Rica, Asia, Peru, Italy, Mexico, Jordan, Egypt, etc. While on their most recent trip to Africa (where the beautiful shot above was taken) they suspected that the cancer may have returned. After seeing her doctor the news was confirmed, she had breast cancer for the third time. In the span of only a few months she was dying.
I cannot even imagine what her family is going through right now. They are an amazing bunch that's for sure. Inspiring. I take comfort in knowing that her family is surrounded by a huge support system. I'm convinced that her funeral will be one where there are people out the door trying to get in for one last goodbye.
David and Trish have been so very open about her journey and it's a story you won't forget. Please take a few moments to read the family adventure blog.
To get more of a background start here: About Us
She's been a super strong advocate for cancer patients: Crowdsourcing Cancer Support: A Love Story
Last but not least, her husband is a character and a half. Have you ever heard of The Tutu Project? This project inspired him on their last adventure and he is now creating his own book of images in honor of Trish.
I wish for peace. Peace for her husband and daughters. May they never forget all the priceless journeys they have experienced and how much life they lived while they were all together.
As Trish said shortly before she passed "see you on the other side".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment