Wednesday, April 18, 2012

a shuttle's last flight - aka: one of the coolest things I've ever seen

We, in the DC metro area, were lucky enough to witness something really amazing yesterday.  The space shuttle Discovery's last flight before retiring to the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum.  The 747 chauffeured the shuttle all over the DC region, really low, so that everyone could get a good look.


I almost missed it entirely because I got stuck in horrendous traffic on the way to work.  It took me 2 and half hours to get in and I ran from the parking garage to the elevator to the roof with only my camera in hand. Within minutes it flew right in front of the building and everyone cheered.  About 15 minutes later it looped around again, this time showing us the other side.


I'm so happy that I was able see this. Not a bad way to start the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment