We had my grandmother's memorial this past weekend. A chance for those who were not in attendance at her small funeral hours after she passed away to gather and remember. Friends and family showed up to celebrate the most amazing woman I've ever known. It was a day filled with love and one I won't soon forget.
 |
| Her church; quaint but beautiful. |
 |
| I had the best seat during the service. My beautiful grandmother looking right at me. |
 |
| My mom put together this photo board. So many wonderful memories. |
 |
| May she rest in peace. |
 |
| After the service we headed to the cemetery to visit my grandfather's grave. My grandmother's urn will eventually be buried right next to him. |
As I was looking through my camera card at the memorial pics, I noticed that the photos from my grandmother's 90th birthday celebration were still on there. I hadn't had the strength to look at them before tonight. They've been sitting there since November, a month to the day, before she passed. I cried as I looked through them tonight. It hit me how much I really do miss her. My heart aches when I think of her and how I will never again hear her sweet voice tell me to "be happy" or "if someone is mean to you, punch them".
 |
| The last photo of us. |
I miss her too! "if someone is mean to you, punch them"- Love it! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteThanks :) I also miss her always being so concerned if everyone was wearing socks!
ReplyDelete