Thursday, March 11, 2010

NSV


Weight Watchers has a phrase called non-scale victories. The little things that you start to notice changing with yourself that have nothing to do with the actual numbers on the scale.

I had one of these today. I put my jeans on this morning and went to tighten my belt and instead of going to the 4th hole it fit into the 5th one! This belt has been with me since I started losing weight, way back 2 years ago. Back then my belt was on the second hole. So, a small victory but it put a HUGE smile on my face today.

And I'm actually starting to notice a change when I look in the mirror. I look thinner. At least I think so and that's all that matters. It's what's going to keep me motivated to get to my goal. I needed this. This losing weight stuff isn't easy, especially when you have as much to lose as I do and every little victory helps keep me on track.

I have to remember this feeling when I'm tempted to go off track. I'm trying to remember the mantra 'nothing tastes as good as thin feels' every time I want to eat those pesky m&m's!

2 comments: