Monday, June 11, 2012

Operation: Stop Being So Fat

I can't even remember how many times I've posted that 'this is it, this is when I start taking control of my weight.'  'No, I swear, this time I'm really going to do it' ...bla bla bla.

I'm not going to say that this time.  All I'm going to say is that I've gained 10 pounds since February, which basically puts my at my highest weight ever, and I hate the person I see in the mirror right now and I want to do something about it.

It's not surprising to me that I gained so much.  Life has been a terrible roller coaster since February and I coped with it by eating.  Eating awful things that for some reason I thought would fill the hole.  A temporary fix is all it was. A little high from eating comfort food, but it never lasted long and it took seconds after eating for me to feel guilt. But I kept doing it anyway, because it was easy.

It's a terrible spiral to be in.  To feel like you have no control over your life.  I started to feel like 'what's the point?' and the other night I told David that I feel useless.


Damn girl, get your sh*t together.

No one is going to do this for me, I need to take control of my life back.  I may not be able to control any aspect of infertility but I can control the food I eat. It's not easy, but good lord I need to make a change soon.

That time is now.  I signed back up with Weight Watchers today.  I had cancelled my membership earlier this year because I was concentrating more on getting pregnant.  Well, that's not working so I'm putting trying to conceive on the back burner so I can take care of me for a while.

I have a personal goal that I want to reach before we start trying again. Because for as much as my RE tells me it's not my weight that's the problem, I can't help but think that some good has to come out of me losing some of this insane weight before we go for IVF #3.

And what a great week for me to start this journey again.  I can barely eat anything on Thursday, the day before surgery, and Friday I can only consume liquids.  2 days that I know I can't screw up!

The reason why I picked now to take the reigns back was this episode of Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition.

David and I watched it last night and this woman, Jacqui, has inspired me in a way I haven't been before.  I need to keep telling myself that I am doing this for our future child.

So that we might have a better chance of conceiving.
So that I'll have an easier time carrying a pregnancy.
So that I'll be able to take care of my child at a healthy weight.

All amazing reasons to fight back. I need to keep those posted somewhere so that when I want to get m&m's from the vending machine I stop myself.  When I just want a fix of Coca-cola I stop myself.  An iced mocha and a muffin for breakfast, STOP!

That picture above makes me so sad. It was taken last month. How the hell did I let myself get to this point?  That person is not me. I don't know who that chubby girl is but it's not me.  It's depressing as hell living in a body that you despise.  But I'm done wallowing.  The reason I look this way is because of ME.  It's my fault and no one else's.  Time to take the responsibility and finally do something about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment