Monday, December 06, 2010

it's on!

David participated in a weight loss competition with some of his fraternity brothers and it turned out to be the greatest idea ever. He managed to lose about 70 pounds (I'm sure he'll correct me on here if that number is too low!) and because of that competition he took up cycling and is addicted to it now.

The problem is that now that it's over he's gained a little back, not a ton but still a gain and he's looking for a way to get back on track. We talked about this and since we both fell off the wagon a bit and we both still have a decent amount of weight to lose (well, for me it's A LOT!), we are going to have a little friendly weight loss competition between the two of us. It's a way to keep us both motivated and on track. It starts today!


David and I after he rode 70 miles in the LIVESTRONG Challenge

Honestly, I've been so depressed lately and that led me to eat, and eat....and eat. And it's a vicious cycle now. I'm depressed because I'm fat, so I eat. But I get fat because I eat. And recently my jeans have gotten tighter and I've had to loosen my belt. Boo! This is where it ends. I'm seeing myself in the mirror and hating what's staring back at me. No more wallowing, I'm getting myself up and doing something about it, again. I just need to figure out how to add more hours to the day so I can squeeze in some exercise. Hmm...

The problem is, we don't know what the prize should be. We are still only going to Vegas next November if I reach my goal weight. That was my doing. I really do think that if I stay motivated I can drop the weight I want to in that time frame. Anyway...does anyone have any ideas on what the prize should be for the winner? And don't say the prize is being healthy, we get that, we just want something on top of that achievement to give as prize :)

1 comment:

  1. Australia!!!

    or...

    a shopping spree to pick out a new wardrobe for the hot new bod! :)

    ReplyDelete