Wednesday, July 28, 2010

8

Weigh in was this morning...lost about 2.2 pounds since last week! I say 'about' because it's been a few weeks since I've officially weighed in because I've been gaining and didn't want to admit it on here. But, I'm finally back on track after being lost for a little while. No biggie. It happens. I'm just brushing myself off and moving forward. Trying something a little different this time because whatever I keep doing doesn't seem to be sticking so I'm up for any new ideas to help keep me on track.

My first idea is to set a small, short term weight loss goal. That goal for me is 8 pounds. When I lose 8 pounds I will be at my thinnest weight since starting WW. Not too bad, it's not a tough goal, it's reasonable and that's what I need. I always hear about how if you make small goals you are more likely to achieve them so here goes nothing.

The sad part is, my thinnest weight on WW was back in July of 2008! Jeez, how awful is that? I don't know what my problem is. When I'm on the plan it works. I just don't know how to keep myself from drifting. I know I have an unhealthy relationship with food but I just need something to kick me in my ass and make me change. I've been doing a little research on books that deal with this topic and I think I might just pick up one to see if it can help me change my mindset a little bit. We shall see.

But I feel great again. This weekend I was able to finish the whole Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism DVD and Monday I burned 500 calories on the elliptical machine. Tonight I plan to hop back on that elliptical and burn another 500 and a 20 mile bike ride is in my near future. I'm back in business!

1 comment:

  1. I choose to think of it as cool...8 lbs in 2008. And we're almost in month 8 :) I have to admit, I sometimes miss Miss Jillian just a bit...

    ReplyDelete